The Forensicare Serious Offender Consultation Service (F-SOCS) supports Corrections Victoria, mental health services and other service providers to supervise and manage serious violent offenders and/or sexual offenders who are on parole, community corrections orders or post-sentence supervision orders.
Clinicians provide expert forensic assessment, consultation and service coordination for consumers who present a high risk of further serious violent or sexual offending in the community. The F-SOCS program targets consumers living with serious mental illness who are either not currently engaged with area mental health services or where their engagement is problematic. Consumers considered for referral are those thought to pose a high risk of further serious violent or sexual offending.
F-SOCS provides forensic mental health assessments and facilitates access to the mental health sector for eligible consumers currently on an order supervised by community correctional services (community corrections order, parole or supervision order).
Referrals to the F-SOCS can only be made by CCS staff.
Referral criteria for F-SOCS:
- Serious violent and/or sexual offending history
- Currently rated as high risk of violent and/or sexual offending
- Likely presence of serious mental illness
- Engagement in mental health treatment problematic or non-existent. For clients in custody, it is anticipated that difficulties in engagement with mental health treatment services will occur
- Planned or current involvement with CCS (Parole or Court Stream). Clients must have a minimum of 3 months left on their order
F-SOCS does not provide primary treatment for offenders.
For more information about F-SOCS download our brochure or contact:
Telephone: 9947 2500