Forensicare acknowledges that input from consumers is fundamental to informing and shaping the continual improvement of all our services. Programs operate across the organisation to ensure that consumers participate in the ongoing development, implementation and maintenance of our programs and overall service delivery.
Consumer Consultant Team
The Consumer Consultant team plays a vital role in facilitating consumer leadership and engagement across Forensicare. Our Consumer Consultants create opportunities for consumers to take a leadership role by –
- working closely with consumers and staff to provide support and consultation
- encouraging consumers to become more involved in their own therapy, treatment and recovery
- facilitating consumer awareness of all available services and options
- providing advice to staff on how certain aspects of the service may be experienced from a consumer perspective.
The Consumer Consultant teams focus on broad systemic issues across forensic that promote effective service delivery for the benefit of consumers. They are not a member of the treating or therapeutic team and do not advocate on behalf of individual patients, unless the issue may have broader application.
For more information contact the Consumer Consultant Team
- the Consultants – email@example.com
- Thomas Embling Hospital – tel: + 61 3 9495 9219 or +61 3 9495 9206
- Community Forensic Mental Health Service – tel: +61 3 9947 2500