Now Available: Strategic Plan 2018/19 – 2020/21Melanie Starr
Take a look at our new Strategic Plan 2018/19 – 2020/21.
In July, the Minister for Mental Health, the Hon Martin Foley MP, approved the release of the Forensicare Strategic Plan 2018/2019-2020/2021.
The new strategic plan provides guidance and certainty for the growth and delivery of services across Forensicare over the next 3 years. The strategy provides a framework for how we will continue to work across multiple environments and deliver on the values of respect and recovery in all our service settings.
Our focus for the next 3 years
Forensicare’s Strategic Plan 2018/2019-2020/2021 draws on the Victorian Government’s Framework Health 2040: Advancing health, access and care, which outlines the future vision for the Victorian Health System including the need for:
- better health – skills and support to be healthy and well
- better access – fair, timely and easier access to care
- better care – world-class health care every time
Our goals and objectives have been designed to deliver against this framework covering the areas of: consumers, staff, relationships, research and the organisation.
These goals underpin our role as the leading provider of forensic mental health services in Victoria across the next 3 years. They provide direction and guidance to consumers, carers, staff and stakeholders about shaping the future of Forensicare and what we will focus on to achieve our goals.
The new strategic plan builds on the hard work and achievements delivered over the duration of the Strategic Plan 2015-2017. The past 2 years have seen major State Government investment in programs and capital development in forensic mental health. Key achievements during this time include:
- Commissioning the Ballerrt Yeram-boo-ee Forensic Mental Health Service at Ravenhall Correctional Centre, Forensicare’s biggest service expansion since
- Commencement of the construction of the Secure Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit and additional “infill beds” at Thomas Embling Hospital.
- Commencement of bed-based services at St Paul’s psychosocial rehabilitation unit at Port Phillip Prison 2017
- Implemented major expansion of the Problem Behavior Program, Mental Health Court Liaison Program and Forensic Clinical Specialist Program