Forensicare provides specialist mental health services at identified prisons within the Victorian prison system under a contract arrangement with the Department of Justice and Regulation. Services are currently provided at the Melbourne Assessment Prison, the Dame Phyllis Frost Centre, the Metropolitan Remand Centre, and also the larger publicly-managed prisons. Service provision includes:
- Melbourne Assessment Prison- a 16-bed Acute Assessment Unit, specialist clinics, outpatient services and a reception assessment program
- Dame Phyllis Frost Centre (Marrmak Unit)- a 20-bed residential program, intensive outreach program and a therapeutic day program for women
- Metropolitan Remand Centre- A Mobile Forensic Mental Health Service which also provides outreach to other prisons and incorporates satellite psychology services at Barwon Prison and Marngoneet Correctional Centre
- Ravenhall Correctional Centre (Ballerrt Yeram-boo-ee Forensic Mental Health Services)- a 75 bed forensic mental health service providing mental health treatment and outpatient services to mentally ill men in Victoria’s prison system.
- Regional prisons- visiting consultant psychiatric and nurse practitioner sessions at the larger state-managed regional prisons.